Saturday, January 8, 2022

Saturday Roundup

 

While it has slightly warmed up but the wind is howling and bringing the temperature down to feeling bone chilling. One good thing about this weather is that things are being accomplished here on the old homestead.

I started organizing areas of my home. So far the bathroom has been decluttered from top to bottom and organized so items can be located easier. 

I have gotten the living room in order, well at least the parts that don't have my ongoing projects scattered on the floor. The bookcase and the shelves on the end table and coffee table are nice and neat. Where on earth did all those scraps of papers come from.

My office area is now clean and tidy. At least 4 months of shredding was accomplished today, and my small bookcase that contains printer ink, binders for receipts, bill payments, and car/truck maintenance are all in order. I even managed to clean out some drawers in my plastic container that holds pens, and bill payments until I file them. 

Next week is supposed to be slightly nicer so I hope to be out a bit more, and thinking of how to organize/declutter my kitchen. Mind you by the end of the week it is supposed to be cold and snowy once again.

I promised you all some pictures of what has been accomplished on my projects so far.


This is how far I have gotten on the t-shirt rug. Today I plan on finishing cutting a few more strips to work with in a few days (I am going to set this aside and do a bit of sewing, hand quilting next week). I managed to get another just over 1 complete section of 8 done, and finished off the previous section of 9. 

I am also knitting dish cloths in the evening. I had thought I would have more completed, but will continue until I have the six done and then move on to the scarves I want to complete.


Still there are 4 of the six done (except for working the ends in) and number 5 is on my needles and should be done quite quickly.

Omicron has taken off here in the southeast corner of Saskatchewan, and will probably get worse. Our Health Minister for the province has asked us to hunker down and only go out among others if absolutely necessary. I am so glad that I shop only once every two weeks and if necessary can hold out awhile longer. I know that according to mapping done by the government everyone will come down with this variant sooner or later. I just want it to be later if possible.

I just wish that the vaccine hesitant (nicer way to put it as some actually are hesitant and not anti-vaxxers) would roll up their sleeves and get it done.

Food wise leftovers are being used up and that is a very good thing. Pretty sure I could feed us for months on what is leftover in the fridge and the meat in the freezer. It is a good thing I stock up well during the winter months just in case we have a nasty storm or it is too cold to be outside.

I have lots of craft supplies, and now Harvey has his wine making kits so we should be good for a very long time in the hobby department. I even have some jigsaw puzzles put by for him. I may pull one out for him to do shortly.

I often wonder how people who are not prepared manage to get through a 3 day blizzard or if we really do enter a period of lockdown (now that is something people here in Canada have never really gone through).

Kurt has decided that he is going to write a letter to Ford Canada about his vehicle. There is no way a 5 year old vehicle should have had the catalytic convertor go, or the turbo charger. I hope he gets at least a bit of a rebate on his repair bill. Even the dealership said he should write a letter. As Kurt says though the silver lining is that there is going to be a two year warranty on the repairs.

Kris is still house hunting and I am glad he is taking his time with the search. He is looking at homes that cost a bit more than the first one he looked at, and is making sure there is a basement if there is no garage as he wants to set up a bit of a workshop. Kris unlike Kurt enjoys working with his hands and has helped Harvey lots around the house with renovations and fixes. 

This mammogram is causing me grief this time. My one breast is scraped pretty badly underneath. In fact it even bleeds sometimes. I am cleaning the wound with hydrogen peroxide and putting polysporin on it twice a day. I can't wear a bra, and being on the larger side that causes a few problems as well. Hopefully it starts to heal very soon. It is making me slightly whiney as well. 

How are all of you weathering this new variant?


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.





19 comments:

  1. I remember my last mammogram I was black and blue for weeks, and then they called me back to do it again! I am so sorry you poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the wound heals quickly. It sounds very unpleasant and painful.

    The sheer number of Covid cases is staggering, and like the hosts of Telemiracle say, where are we going? Higher. I don't see it ending until the weather starts to improve.

    Good luck to Kris in his house hunt. There sure isn't much inventory out there. Good for sellers, not so much for buyers. But I believe owning is better than renting any day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omicron is taking it's toll and the talk sure has changed that its a case of when not if you get it........BUT I am like you and would prefer not too......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely scary in that they are all saying "when" we will get it.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. Hope you heal soon love reading your blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. That scrape sounds nasty. I hope it's better soon. Your rug is looking good. Omicron numbers are now falling here in London, but so many people have caught it. I've been travelling to work on the bus a few days this week and do wonder if I might have picked it up. I don't have any symptoms though, so hopefully not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you stay healthy. I think this is one time I am actually glad that my city does not have public transport. Omicron is passed around here through rather large gatherings...like parties.

      God bless.

      Delete
  6. That's not nice, Jackie, I'm sorry you have had such a bad result from the scan. I hope it heals soon. Try Aloe Vera maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The polysporin and gauze seem to be working. I will try the Aloe tomorrow and see how that helps.

      God bless.

      Delete
  7. With all the technological progress done in medicine these days, you would think they would have a better way to do a mammogram than squishing it between two pieces of glass like a smore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the picture you just painted. Now when I go I will just consider that part of my anatomy a s'more. Thanks for the giggles.

      God bless.

      Delete
  8. I'm sorry but I must have missed how you got hurt from the mammogram. Are they doing them differently? What would scrape you to cause such discomfort. :( I'm sorry to hear that, hope it heals soon.
    The t-shirt rug is coming along. All I've ever made from old tees are scarves. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope same old way, the only problem was that when my breast was lifted (or perhaps I should say unstuck) from the surface of the machine, it kind of pulled some skin off, like skinning your knee. It is better today and I am hopeful totally healed before I need to leave the house next week.

      God bless.

      Delete
  9. You are getting super organized. Shall I send you my address, lol. Am definitely in need of doing that myself; but not in the right mind frame to do that now. Perhaps later. Love all the colors in your t-shirt project. Cotton washcloths, you can't have too many of them. I'm working on a blanket right now with the same corner to corner method.I think as far into this pandemic as we are, there really are no more vax hesitant...in the beginning maybe; but it seems these far into it, they are truly anti-vaxxers. But, each and everyday I hope more get vaccinated to protect themselves and friends and family. I keep hoping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always wanted to do a knitted corner to corner blanket. I will keep a close watch on how yours is coming along.

      God bless.

      Delete
  10. I hope you feel better soon! The polysporin should help the scrape to heal. This Omicron is everywhere now. My adult grandchildren have had it and now my son and his wife has it. I am hoping this will help us to get some herd immunity since it is so highly contagious. Tom and I are just staying in as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually feeling much better today. Just the occasional twinge if I stretch too far.

      God bless.

      Delete
  11. I think my DH has finally reached the saturation point of compulsively watching the news coverage on the pandemic ( I hit that point long ago) and is finally just turning it off. Our mental health is more important than keeping up with the latest developments. Staying home is still the best course of action and we don't go out unless it's absolutely necessary. Discovering the joys of curb side grocery pick up has been a huge blessing....just the thought of going into a store gives me pause for thought.

    ReplyDelete