Thursday, January 6, 2022

Thursday Tidbits

 

I started the year off so well, and then boom missed posting yesterday. Really nothing exciting happened, we are still under an extreme cold warning as we have been since almost right after Christmas (we did have one warmish kind of day). 

Today was our coldest day so far, and of course I had to head out for the biannual squishing of the breast tissue. It always seems as if the day I get is the coldest so far of the winter. I was in and out, but the tissue under my right breast was really pinched and is causing me a bit of pain right now. 

I was happy to jump back in my vehicle and get home once the procedure was completed. I am forever grateful to our provincial government here who set up mobile buses for us "rural" folk to get our mammo's. Really saves having to drive 2 hours to get one done in Regina or Saskatoon (that is an even longer drive).

Since it has been so cold I have been able to get some organizing done. The bathroom cupboard, drawers, medicine cabinet, and shelf are nice and cleaned. A few items were tossed (old makeup and very old after shave), but others were added to the donation bag that will be heading out once it warms up a bit. I then moved into the living room and got the bookcase cleared of a mish mash of papers, and the shelves on the coffee and end table cleared out and tidy. My where does all that paper come from.

I finished the mitts for Harvey and I just before the end of the year. Thus using up a bit more of that free wool yarn I got from a friend. There is enough for a toque so perhaps by the end of the month all that will be gone.

I hope to share some pictures of things I have been working on this week on Saturday. I hope there are some big changes and I have managed to use up more of my various stashes.

Oh, I should show you the birthday cake that Harvey bought me as well. That is all gone now. It gave us dessert for a number of days.


I do love a good Black Forest Cake, as he well knows.


Since it was so cold today, I decided a cup or two of tea this afternoon would hit the spot. I even used a tea cup instead of my regular mug. My new tea pot sure holds a great deal of tea, but does not seem to keep it as warm as my old one. I may have to make a tea cozy in the very near future.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. I drink only peppermint tea and, like you, usually make it in a mug, but I like the "ritual" of the teapot and enjoyed knitting a tea cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a Black Forest cake too, Jackie! It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great option for getting your annual mammogram. I suspect I'll be getting a letter in the next few weeks. It certainly isn't the most fun I've ever had.

    The cake looks delicious. Good that Harvey knows you well. And the mitts look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I will not drool over that cake. Happy Birth Day, btw...albeit now belated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good that you've been for your mammogram. A tea cosy sounds like a good idea for using up your wool. I'm itching to get sewing again, just need things to settle down at work a bit.

    ReplyDelete