Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Thrifty Tuesday

 

My goodness I wish I could actually remember all the thrifty things I have done this week. 


Perhaps my quest to use up all that I can and let nothing go to waste has taken over my mind set. Must remember to perhaps write down a few thrifty things for next week.


I did the usual, and even made three loaves of bread last week. For some unknown reason we really used bread lately.

I dried the small crusts that were left and turned them into bread crumbs, I also emptied the toaster crumbs into the bag as well (they are bread crumbs after all). 

I downloaded some free reading material onto my ereader. 

Perhaps my best thrifty past time this last week has been getting this finished.


My t-shirt/knit fabric rug is complete. While I used up a great deal of the strips I still have this....


A partially filled box of strips that will need to find a home in a new project. Just not doing that right now.


Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.


8 comments:

  1. I love the rug! it looks cosey and homey if that makes any sense.
    Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rug looks so pretty! Is it for your own home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my legs and feet would get sore standing and handwashing the pots and those dishes that didn't fit in the dishwasher. The rug is now in front of my sinks in the kitchen.

      Delete
  3. That little rug is cute!

    I think the frugal things you do are just second nature now, and so it's not unsurprising they would be more difficult to come to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - love how the rug turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very colorful rug .. Love it! .. were those the colours of your tshirts? .. or did you dye some of them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the strips were the colours of my tshirts with a few bits from tops, pants and dresses I have made out of knit fabric over the years.

      God bless.

      Delete