Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Fun Meme and What I Have Been Up To

Well my headache disappeared in a couple of days and I got to work sewing on the costumes for the school musical. Here is a picture of some of the finished projects that are going to be worn during the disco number. The hardest part after splitting the side seam was getting the girls to bring in thier jeans. I have done 6 and have 3 more to do tomorrow after my meeting.

The weather has gotten so cold again that Harvey does not want me to go by myself out into the country for this meeting, so I am hoping it is cancelled. If not, I will phone the chairperson and tell them I will not be able to attend. I don't want to get stuck anywhere when it is -49 C all by myself.


Now on to the fun meme from Mary's Writing Nook. It is an alphabet meme and I was given the letter "B". I have to name my favorite things starting with this letter. Here we go!




I love bikes, not that I am any good at riding them. I do love the freedom that they give to a person. You can go places that a car can not reach.












The next is bells. I love the sound of a bell, especially at Christmas, Easter and weddings. Clear and carrying they let me know everything is just fine in the world.










Bluebells, peeking out of unexpected places in my garden. I love the bluish, purple colour against the green of the leaves or grass.





Bright, sunny days even in the middle of winter.



Baskets, filled with balls of yarn. Enough to make many scarves for the children at school or perhaps a dish cloth or two.




















Bracelets and brooches. Fancy gewgaws to wear and to make an outfit shine.
Books, something I would fill my home with if I could. All kinds of books, it really does not matter to me whether they are fiction or nonfiction. Books fill my life everyday.

And lastly but perhaps the most important "B" word in my life.
The Bible that I carried the day I married the man I loved 33 years ago.
Well I hope you enjoyed all my favorite "B" words. There are so many more, but I thought that I would share these few with all of you.
Now I am off to pay you all a visit. Have a wonderful evening. God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Jackie,

    Great answers. I too love books and was married with a white Bible. Unfortunately, that Bible was lost years ago. I still think of it and wonder who picked it up. I would love to have it back, but after all these years, I don't expect to ever see it again. I would have liked to have given it to Brandon.

    I have posted my photo meme that you tagged me for. It was fun, though the picture didn't have a big story behind it. However, it was of two of my favorite people in the world.

    Stay safe and keep warm.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS.

    I just sent your interview questions by email. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie, I love the thinks you listed that started with a B. The Bible was my favaorit. I will tell you something about me, the only jewlery I were is my wedding ring. Every now and then I will put on a braclet to church or just to feel pretty. My husband loves jewlry so you would think I would try to have more and were more. I use to have pierc ears but they closed up so I never got them pierced again. I think Harvey is 100% right you should not go to the meeting by yourself.WOW! It's cold I'm sure your looking forward to the Las Vegas trip so you can enjoy some of the warmer wheather.
    19 more days until the 18t of Feb. Just let me know when you want me to email you my cell number so can find each other.
    A BIG HUG,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your b words. Funny about the bike thing because we were just talking about bikeride plans for this summer. Infact I think I'm going to treat myself to a new bike with my tax refund!

    ReplyDelete