Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Challenges For the New Year #1

It is getting very close to the start of a brand new year with all the joys and challenges it will bring to our lives.

Thought that my next few posts would be about how I am going to meet those challenges head on and still find joy and beauty in the little things.

Harvey starts his pension in January and as I have said it is a good thing that we don't have to live on just that!!! I so wonder how his parents managed and managed well to live on the pittance that the government gives. I have the utmost respect for those that do so now.

We sold our camper this summer and fully intended to buy a new one, however after discussing this both of us decided that perhaps just renting a cabin for a week every summer would be better for our pocketbook. I will miss camping but as long as we manage to get away from the hustle and bustle for awhile each summer I will be content.

My first challenge for the next year will involve getting used to Harvey being home ALL THE TIME. You would think that after the last 8 months this would not be a problem. Not true!!!! I find myself dreaming of time alone, just to do as I want. It seems as if I start something and then have to go and help Harvey with something else. All that I had planned to do goes out the window.....

I also need to retrain Harvey that when he is bored going shopping is not a good alternative. Seems as if this is happening more and more lately. However the last couple of days he has just taken the truck and gone for a drive, and one day he even went out for a walk. Perhaps the retraining will not be as difficult as I think.

I also need to make time for myself and my needs. Be that just sitting curled up in the recliner reading or working on one of the projects I had planned to do or even completing one of the many projects I started and put aside due to something else calling my attention away.

This is the first challenge that I need to work on next year.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. It seems as if I start something and then have to go and help Harvey with something else. All that I had planned to do goes out the window.....

    Oh, I hear you on that ... have the same problem ;) Maybe you can encourage Harvey to try some volunteer work. Or lock yourself in a room ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you luck with your retraining of the hubby. I know that when my Dh is home for days on end, he goes to the computer to see what he can buy... same sort of thing I guess. He seems to think that because he has a credit card, he can just get whatever. Well as long as he has a job to pay back his totals and doesn't complain to me about it -- I just have no sympathy for stupid things.

    ReplyDelete