Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Perfect Day For......

As today looked much like this

from the time I got back from my rather wet walk (thank heavens I was on my way home when the rain hit). I decided it would be the perfect day to do some baking.

I haven't made pies in awhile so gathered together all my supplies and set to work.

I made three Rhubarb Sponge pies. This is the last one that I took out of the oven. It will make us dessert for the next few days. The other two are residing in their new home, the freezer, to be taken out as needed.

Got to use up much of last years frozen rhubarb, and had fun doing so.

Here is the recipe:

Rhubarb Sponge Pie

3 tbsp softened butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, separated
2 heaping tbsp of flour
1/8 tsp salt
2 cups chopped rhubarb

Mix butter, sugar, egg yolks, flour and salt together and add the rhubarb. In another bowl beat egg whites until stiff and fold into the first mixture. When blended pour into a pie shell. Bake at 400 for 25 mins and then turn down the heat to 325. Bake until golden brown and set when tested in the center.

This is enough for one pie.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment