Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sunday Ramblings

Up until about an hour ago, the weather was absolutely lovely. The sun was shining and it was nice and warm. Now clouds are building up and I heard thunder in the distance. We may be actually in for another storm. Not that we have had a thunderstorm this year yet but we have had more than enough rain to last us for awhile.

This is what the sky to the north of us looks like.


I hope it is not as bad as it looks!!!

Mass today was very long. We were confirming the grade two classes from our Catholic schools and we had 42. All of them looked so cute and so solemn as our priest anointed them and gave them each the sign of peace. It did get extremely hot in the church and I was glad to go outside in the fresh air.

I checked on my friend and she is gradually doing better. I think it does her a world of good to be able to talk to someone who has been on this journey before. I will continue to talk to her as much as she wishes and she knows I am here for her.

We had a pork roast for dinner tonight and Harvey just could not get over the cost. Prices keep rising and I keep looking for ways to cut costs, we don't have a problem as of yet and hopefully will not I just somehow wonder how those people that only have a government pension and no savings make it from month to month. Our Food Bank has been advertizing that they are extremely short on staples so I hope to pick up a few items and drop them off this week. No one should go hungry when they live in one of the richest countries in the world. As Christ said "Whatever you do for the least of these, you do for me."

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


1 comment:

  1. Bless you for supporting your local food bank ... I fear the way things are going that even more people are going to be in need

    ReplyDelete