Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Middle of the Week

It is the middle of the week and I am busy attending meetings, doing my regular household chores and of course getting baking and candy making underway for when Kurt and Kris come home. I have even started my Christmas Cards and hope to get them done by tomorrow (sure helps that I have cut down the number of people I send to over the years).

The snow has been coming down since noon today and the temperature has dropped considerably. I think winter has arrived!

Today I made Melting Moment Cookies (a type of shortbread cookie) and Peanut Brittle.

Here is a picture of the pile of cookies.


And here is a picture of the Peanut Brittle.
Tomorrow I think I will make some truffles and Sugar Cookies.

I love how my house smells this time of year.

My evenings are spent knitting. I sure hope that I can get the afghan finished for Kris in time!!! This one seems to be taking much longer to do. Procrastination is not a good thing.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


1 comment:

  1. You are doing so well in your preparations! I'm trying, but it still feels like 3 steps forward and 2 steps back some days. :) Good job, Jackie.

    ReplyDelete