Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Thrifty Tuesday

The usual thrifty practices were taking place here on the old homestead. You know the ones, using rain water to water all our plants, line drying, washing laundry in cold water whenever possible, rinsing out containers to get that last little bit of what we paid for and keeping the house cool by opening the windows wide at night on those warmer days or keeping them open all days on those that are cooler.

I did some mending this week, buttons had to be sewn on, seams or hems mended, and a couple of skirts taken in.

All the scraps from the patterns I have cut out over the past few weeks were made into 2" strips or 4" squares suitable to be used in quilts come the winter, I even have a plan to make some into fabric to be made into bags or table coverings. Just have to figure out the best way of doing it.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jackie...sounds like you are staying busy...I try to keep busy when I am home...I've enjoyed working with my potted plants...spending most of my day at the rehab center with Mr. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping busy indoors is the right way to stay cool. The UK is very warm at the moment!

    ReplyDelete