Thursday, August 31, 2017

Mid Week And Things Are......

It's mid week and the last day of the month. Wow, time has flown right by again.

I thought I would fill you in on what I have done so far this month.

Loads of dehydrating have taken place with still more to follow. I still have peppers, sage, mint, oregano and parsley to dry and package up.

Plums from the neighbour were made into crisps and jam. A few were kept for Harvey to munch on fresh.

This big bowl of apples, also from the neighbour has been turned into pie filling and frozen. It also made a lovely Dutch Apple Cake as well.

Zucchini has been grated and put into freezer bags and in the freezer.

I am continuing to knit through the stash, but did not manage to do much in the way of sewing through the stash this month. Patterns cut out, yes. Sewn, no.

There seems to be a storm coming up so I am going to slip out and pick the chili peppers and anything thing else above ground, just in case we get hail.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.




1 comment:

  1. I've been processing zucchini as well. I have grated zucchini in the freezer for cakes, muffins, soups. I've also enjoyed zucchini pancakes and sautéed zucchini with onions, garlic, cheese. Tomatoes are ripening on the vine and I'll soon make the first batch of salsa.

    ReplyDelete