Wednesday, July 25, 2018

And Let The Harvest Begin

Today has been spent working in the garden gathering produce and starting the processing.

All my peppers, cucumbers, onions, and green tomatoes have been finely chopped, as you can see from the following picture.

This is now sitting sprinkled with some coarse salt and covered on my stove. Tomorrow morning it will be drained and the remaining ingredients added to make Harvey's favorite relish. This is the recipe his mother used for years and is pretty much the only relish the men in my life will eat. I think Kurt and Kris will each get a jar as part of their Christmas gift.

I also managed to freeze some blueberries and hopefully I will be able to dehydrate some tomorrow. I love adding dried blueberries to muffins and loaves in the winter. I may even manage to pick some rhubarb to freeze, and a friend has said if I would like some zucchini her daughter is being over run with that veggie. I will give her a call tomorrow and let her know I will take a few. Using the shredding attachment on the food processor this is a job that can be done very quickly. Not like the days I used a handheld shredder. I can remember standing for hours shredding zucchini.

Beans will be ready to pick either tomorrow or Friday and cherries will be ready around then as well. It is such a busy time of year in the garden. 

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. I have two zucchini in the fridge that needs using up. Need to figure out what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are a busy lady.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete