Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Mid Month Stock Taking

I'm a bit behind on this. The month has been roaring by. Company and appointments have taken their toll on the budget so far.

One great thing that happened was that even though our property tax assessment went down there was a mil increase. I was hoping for lower taxes but I am not to sad to report they were only a dollar and change higher. Really not that bad when others saw hundreds of dollars in increases.

We had our eyes checked this month nd both Harvey and I need new lenses. We saved a bit by keeping our old frames. Harvey has his new ones already. Me, well I am still waiting. Harvey had to have some extra tests done on his eyes. They were really worried about glaucoma, but his test today went well and the optometrist is very happy. I have some sun damage to my eyes and the beginnings of a cataract, which I have been told not to lose any sleep over.

Gas for the vehicles got really high at the end of last month and the beginning of this month. I nursed what was left after Harvey and Kurt went to the football game and filled up today. Hopefully this will be enough to see us through the month. Highly doubtful however, we have another football game to attend the last Friday of this month. That takes just over half a tank of gas, and then there is the meal cause there is no way I am eating at the stadium...That is just way to expensive.

I finished my last visit for physical therapy this past week. Jenna, my therapist says she is really happy with my progress. I still need to do my exercises though (boy those things take up a great deal of my day).

It has been so hot and dry the last few weeks that our poor window air conditioners are working overtime. Harvey says he is going to look into getting central air conditioning next year. We plan on being in this house for awhile and so we may as well be comfortable.

I have been knitting like a mad woman. We have an outside wedding reception to attend this week and on the off chance the weather cools off I wanted a new wrap. Finished it tonight with enough yarn left over to make a belt to wear at the same function. I just have to finish the ball of yarn I am using to knit the prayer shawl first. I really am not good at getting multiple projects completed quickly.

Money was spent on hair cuts for Harvey and I. Then today I ordered tickets to our live theater here. We always try to go to at least one of the three shows they produce. It is a wonderful night out. Usually we laugh so hard we cry.

Then to round out the appointments I have a dentist visit early next week. Just a cleaning and check up. I hope they don't find anything wrong.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. You've had a few necessary expenses this month Jackie, but hopefully they'll all be out of the way soon and you can get back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure hope so. Right now I feel like we are bleeding cash, even though we do get some back from our insurance.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. Good news that Harvey’s tests at the optometrist turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I breathed a great sigh of relief when he came back with the news.

      God bless.

      Delete