Wednesday, November 25, 2020

No Real Lockdown

 I almost went shopping today, lately I get my retail therapy trying to keep our grocery bill down. Not that I have succeeded, but I try. There was a rumor going around here that our province was going to put some hefty restrictions on what businesses could be open and which would have to close down for a few weeks.


I almost but not quite believed that stores would shut down to non essential shopping (Christmas is coming and a great deal of what I need to pick up yet could be considered non essential). I did not fall for it. Instead I thought to myself, that if things did indeed shut down for a couple of weeks, there was always online shopping that could be accomplished to finish off the Christmas list.


Nothing is shutting down here for the most part. Instead now masks are mandatory in offices even where the public can't go, children will be wearing masks at all times except when eating in schools (this includes pre schools, children aged 2 and under are exempted as well), dining out will be a bit more difficult as people must be seated 3 meters apart and only 4 at a table, sports teams can no longer play games, and we are supposed to follow all the rest of the public health restrictions and mandates. Churches are back to only 30 allowed to attend.


In retrospect I really do not think that the province went far enough as we still have people flaunting the rules. In my city there have been 3 large parties that got ticketed and at least 2 people fined for not wearing masks. 


We also still have many that think only the elderly are affected so why worry about it. I wonder how they would feel if it was their parent or grandparent who passed away because of someone's idea of freedom. Then there are those who say those with an underlying condition are probably the biggest part of the statistic for deaths. What they don't seem to realize is that if the person had not gotten Covid-19 they probably would not have died. You can't seem to get that through their heads no matter how you try and explain.


I have given up. 


Stay safe and follow the rules.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 


God bless.


6 comments:

  1. Stay safe. Sadly there are always going to be idiots that won't abide by the rules wherever you live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same battles were fought about seatbelt use, motorcycle helmets and drunk driving but the number of innocent deaths weren’t nearly as large. I do think of it as “you aren’t the boss of me” children in adult bodies. Very awful and sad but ultimately out of our control except when voting. Good for you for not going shopping unnecessarily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes me so angry that people are quite prepared to risk other's lives by doing what they please. We have it here, far too much.
    Keep well, Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of this. Until there is a vaccine AND sufficient people are vaccinated, we're not to be through this pandemic. It
    so sad there are people who just don't respect the science or figure because of their age or level of health it won't be an issue. But we already know, even those who survive can be affected with long term impacts.

    Take care and stay well. I hope your son is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The poor children are the ones I feel sorry for. Parents complain that they can't stand wearing a mask for an hour while they grocery shop... yet they expect children, especially little ones, to wear a mask for hours & hours on end... as they try to think & learn. In our area the kids are learning from home and I think that's so much better. I can't figure out why so many people are ignoring the precautions begged for, by the authorities, regarding this pandemic. I've given up too, trying to figure it out. I just stay home and as my mother (RIP) used to say... "watch the rest of the world go by". ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So frustrating with the Covidiots. I reported an antimask demonstration planned for saturday at a mall here to the police. One of our "friends" is mad because his dad is in hospital with a broken foot and he can't see him in Alberta. Then he spouts off conspiracy theories and hubby shut him down and said to agree to disagree. That or say goodbye to a 30 year friendship. Fortunately he backed down. Shutting all retain won't help but am so glad more masks were mandated, especially here in BC, makes me feel safer about heading to Vancouver mid december. Last time I felt like we were dodging all the antimaskers

    ReplyDelete