Thursday, November 3, 2022

Thrifty Thursday


 Back from my leading of the Bible study. It seemed to go very well. I have one more session to lead and I am done for this study. I am also going to miss the next session. I need a day off.


So, what thrifty things have I been up to this week.


I have been using up fabric from my stash. I managed to cut out one dress and a top. The scraps of knit fabric will not go to waste. They will be used to make the rug. 

I fixed a hem and seam on a pair of my pants. 

Made a list of on sale fabrics to stock up when we go shopping tomorrow in Regina. 

Purchasing more veggies that last longer. Things like carrots, rutabaga, and leeks. 

When meal planning for this month planned more meals that use my various appliances to cook. Hopefully saving on electric usage this way. 

Found a crack in my screen saver on the phone. It does not cause a problem, so I won't replace it as of yet. Just be careful using the phone and especially be careful as how I put it away or charge it.

Drapes open to use the solar heat. Seems to be working as most days the heating does not come on until late at night. Today is the exception.

It seems like my thrifty tips are always the same. I am going to have to roll up my sleeves and think of some new ones.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

7 comments:

  1. Don't worry about finding new thrifty ideas. I find them helpful reminders!
    Safe travels to Regina tomorrow. It appears we're in for rain on Saturday and snow on Sunday - I'm sure you and Harvey will take that into consideration. Fingers crossed there is no freezing rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, that knitting pattern you use is quite effective. I must try to remember it. I echo a lot of your thrifty efforts. Now about turnip...I am finding them harder to cut. Do you find that? Or perhaps the ones I get here have extra thick rinds. I also use cabbage quite a bit and find it works for a lot of dishes. I never tire of reading about your tips and efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do struggle with the veggies. I buy salad veggies and don't make salad and throw it away.
    I just put in a grocery pickup order with new salad veggies.
    I love salad - it's just work.
    OH please be the week I make salad.
    Think of your list as thrifty reminders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being thrifty should be an ongoing thing so don't worry that you feel that you're repeating your tips. Helps to reinforce them in our minds too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your list of veggies reminds me of what my Mom would buy in the winter when I was a child (except onions instead of leeks). That was when produce from other parts of the world was quite expensive or unavailable so we ate winter veggies or canned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know mine are too, but these are habits and the purpose of a habit is to do it regularly. Hopefully it helps inspire someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm afraid that I'm going to need a new phone for Christmas this year. I have no storage on mine and it's becoming a problem. OH has tried to add storage, but it wasn't successful, so a new phone it will have to be I'm afraid, as I do like my current phone.

    ReplyDelete