Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Tuesday Tidbits

 


No pictures today as it has been pretty dreary here so I am pretty sure the lighting would have been off. I have been working on the quilt though and managed to get 3 of the 6 strips of 9-patch blocks sewn together. My neck and shoulder started giving me grief, even after resting between mad bouts of sewing and pinning. I have everything ready for another marathon sewing spree tomorrow. 

We went and got our haircuts today. Man, that is getting costly. I am so tempted to learn how to cut my own and Harvey's hair. I do love how Brook does both our hair and she always tries to fit us in as soon as she can. It was actually an enjoyable session today as I also got to talk to another one of my "girls". My goodness I love the way that they have all grown up. 

It has been snowy and blowy the past couple of days. Lots of fairly deep drifts on various corners and other points on the streets of the city. A taste of the usual prairie winter before the real winter hits. I just hope that the weather is nice so that Kurt and Kris can get home for Christmas. If Kris had more bedrooms or places to sleep, I would suggest we meet there. 

Speaking of Kris, he harvested his first lettuce this week.



A pretty darn good harvest and considering the cost of lettuce right now perhaps a pretty darn good savings.


Off to visit all of you after getting the table set for supper. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. Wow that is a good head of lettuce - and he grew that in his basement, if I remember. Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Kris - it looks lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm due for a haircut, as I've only had two since 2019! I do cut my own bangs but otherwise I've left it to grow out.
    Well done Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been for a 'real' hair cut since Covid began. Resident Chef does an admirable job (and he's free!!!). He doesn't have much hair and a razor takes care of what's left.
    That lettuce looks amazing! There's been some sort of supply issue here and we haven't been able to get it for the past couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so blessed to have a sister that can cut my hair. I used to do Hub's when the girls were little, and money was so tight but now I have him go to the barber.

    ReplyDelete