Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Midweek

 


Wow, here it is the middle of the week already!!! The yard has not been touched as the weather is kind of blah (cold, windy and it rained last night). The weather is supposed to be better later in the week so we will be busy then for sure. 

So instead of working on the yard, and as Harvey had a doctor's appointment today, it was best that I just stayed in and worked on a project that has been laying around for a pretty long length of time. It is now done, and once I find the correct material I will do up this baby quilt. Then it was back to knitting and I should finish the last section of light green, perhaps even get the lightest blue section almost finished as well. 

Harvey has been having trouble keeping his blood pressure down, so the doctor gave him another pill to take in concert with his other blood pressure pills (those were doubled about a year ago). He was also told to try and exercise a bit more as loosing some weight would help with the blood pressure problem. That could be difficult with his enlarged heart for the first while. I will be changing our diet as well a bit. After all, this rather round old lady could afford to lose weight as well. We shall see how this goes. Menus will be changed next month, probably see a lot less meat for sure.

I was asked if the cruise was everything we had hoped.... Yes it was and perhaps a bit more. We enjoyed it so much we will be planning another to happen sometime in the middle of next year. Our passports are done in 2025 and right now both of us feel that perhaps this will be our last big trip where one is needed. We shall see, as we could take a trip to the Caribbean at some point to get away from winter.

Speaking of winter, I checked the Weather Channel and snow is predicted early next week. Too soon in my opinion, but living on the Canadian prairies, winter can arrive at any time during October. We did have a blizzard one Halloween when Kris was about 3. Time to start getting things ready for sure even if the amount of snow predicted is not great. 

Off to make supper and get things together for my next project tomorrow. This one will take about 4 days, but still will be completed before the end of the month (fingers crossed) and I may even have a picture to share on Saturday of the start. 

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

7 comments:

  1. I have found for myself, that a diet of meat and green veggies - is best for weight loss and for keeping it off. I stray now, due to prices being so high. High protein works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh s*ow*!
    Btw, i know everyone believes differently but in our case, more meat and protein for good fat (dairy, cheese, avocados) and less carbs has worked to keep our weight and diabetes under control.
    Be well, both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping your hubby can get the blood pressure down. More veggies is always good for anyone.
    Snow - say it aint so!!! Oh how I dread that thought. Having rain here today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Changing your diet with less meat will help save money on your grocery bill. I hope Harvey's blood pressure comes down with the new diet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you already keep an eye on this, but for heart issues salt can be a huge issue. It's hidden in so many things we purchase because it helps with preservation. For Harvey, exercises while he is sitting would be a good place to start. As a round old woman myself, I hear you on the needing to drop some pounds.
    I'm glad you enjoyed the cruise - it is my favorite way to travel. I love being able to unpack once and wake up somewhere different every day. If you do decide to escape the winter to the Caribbean, I recommend the islands in the Eastern or Southern Caribbean. I'm not a huge fan of Mexico, Guatemala and Nicaraqua are currently experiencing periods of unrest. Costa Rica, Columbia and Belize are fine but I prefer the "Saint" islands.
    I don't want to see snow either...at least for three more weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Carribean cruise sounds fantastic. I don't blame you for wanting to go somewhere warm in the winter when you get so much snow. Sorry to hear that Harvey is having trouble with his blood pressure. I hope you can help remedy it by changing up your diets a little. It feels hard to change habits at first, but I've personally found that it can be very beneficial and not turn out to be as difficult as you first thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been on a cruise so I'll be interested to hear how it was... snow?? We don't really get any here in S Wales. Hope its not too heavy a fall for you.

    ReplyDelete