Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Tuesday Tidbits

 


Sorry for missing yesterday, but I ran into an old friend. I went to her place for coffee (well tea) and ended up staying there for almost 3 hours. I really need to go and see her more often. Since her Hubby passed away she has more or less been alone. 

I will be sticking close to my menu plans this week. I have things that need using up, and by gosh and by golly they will be. 

We had a bit of snow this morning, but it has more or less melted now. However according to the weather pundits the worse weather will be starting to arrive tonight. Way more snow is now predicted and I really wonder how much we could end up receiving. 

I did do my shopping this morning. In and out of the store in about an hour. I didn't get everything on my list, but I am sure what I didn't get will not be missed. Things are slowly being used up in the pantry as well. I am hopeful that some of the empty spaces will be filled by sales over the next month. November is still pretty good for driving, but even then winter on the prairies of Canada is highly unpredictable. 

We have an appointment at the beginning of next month to get the winter tires on the SUV and give it an oil change. Pretty sure we should go out this weekend and pick up Ice Melt for the sidewalk as well. Best be prepared. Going to tell Harvey we need to pick up 2 or 3 containers. Canadian Tire usually has the best deal so that is where we will go. 

Tomorrow I will share pictures of my shopping stock up. Things aren't getting any less expensive for sure. Shrinkflation has hit frozen veggies now. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.



6 comments:

  1. Gosh, it just doesn't seem people should be talking snow and ice yet - a couple weeks ago was gardens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow already? My goodness.
    Very wise to prioritise getting winter supplies in early. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got about 2 or 3 inches yesterday (at least that's what was on the driveway) and not much of it melted. I used the ice melt yesterday too, as there is a slope coming up from the driveway into the house that tends to get icy.
    I'm finding every grocery item is either shrinking or increasing in price. It's disheartening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usually Ontario takes your weather when you're done with it so I'm glad we're not there to be on the receiving end. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you don't get too much snow. It's good you were able to stock up some. We don't get everything we need anymore either as things cost so much, so we are buying less and then the supply chain leaves some items out of the picture these day, unfortunately. Stay snug and warm in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really don't want to hear about that dreaded four-letter-word stuff that falls from the sky but sadly I know it's coming. Resident Chef needs to make the appointment to get the winter tires put on but he's dragging his heels for some reason. One of these days he's likely going to be sorry!

    ReplyDelete