Saturday, April 13, 2013

Saturday and a Great Luncheon Out

Today I met two of my former students for lunch.

Tyler, the young man in the middle, contacted me on Facebook and asked if I would like to go out for lunch with him and 2 other students. Of course I said a resounding yes!!!!

One of the boys was unable to meet as he was busy doing something with the Scout troop here in the city so it was just Tyler and Connor who were there.

Here is Connor.
I spent three years helping out in this class and the class was one of my best overall. All of the students in this class have a big place in my heart.

The lunch was fantastic and I got to catch up on everything that had been happening in their lives.

The rest of the day was spent reading, doing a bit of embroidery and making baked beans. I use my slow cooker for the beans and they turn out every time. These are twice as good as those bought in the store (so Harvey says) and cost much less.

Here they are bubbling away in the slow cooker.

Here they are cooling in freezer containers. I see lots of beans in our future meals.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.






No comments:

Post a Comment