Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A Small Glimpse Of My Garden

It has been a quiet day on the old homestead.

Harvey took a day off from yard work and spent a few hours fishing. He didn't catch anything, but enjoyed his time off immensely. I got the house to myself so had a bit of quiet time with no hammering, cutting or having to hold something.

Thought I would share a few pictures of my flowers and the zucchini (I might actually have some to pick this year).

My delphinium are coming along nicely. The Blue Knight is already blooming.
It looks almost purple here, but it is a lovely tinge of blue.

Here is a closeup of one of the sprays.

The Gerbera Daisies are coming along nicely.


I planted mostly red flowers this year. I am trying to attract humming birds but no such luck as of yet.


Begonias peeking through their green leaves. These aren't as big as they usually are, but the weather until the last week or so has been very poor for growing anything.

Zucchini is blossoming madly and if you look closely at the bottom middle of the picture you can see one almost ready to pick. I am giving it another day or two and then harvesting it.

My Moonflower are blooming like crazy!! Last year I missed seeing them bloom, I only got one or two blossoms. This year I am really enjoying the show they are putting on. Three blossoms at once and the vine isn't even full grown yet. Each of these flowers ended up being almost as big as my hand by the time they were fully opened. That is actually a bit small for this flower. The blooms only last for a day but since they bloom in the evening it is wonderful to sit and watch them open.

Tomorrow I will be drying some herbs. Mainly parsley and basil as those seem to have gotten very large and need to be cut back in order to get more growth. May as well dry the trimmings.

Hope to share more pictures of the garden with all of you tomorrow. Perhaps some lilies will be open by then.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment