Saturday, July 12, 2014

WooHoo For Saturday

Ahh, the first day of the weekend (which of course goes by way too quickly during the summer) and the first full day of Kris's week off of work.

Here he is goofing around on his laptop. Harvey and he went fishing for most of the day and once they got home Kris started washing. Between loads he enjoyed himself on the laptop. I think he plays an RPG, but I am not really sure. Tomorrow after Mass I am sure Harvey and he will be busy getting some more of the summer yard jobs completed.

Thought I would show a picture of the finished side gate.

I have a feeling that when Harvey rebuilds the fence on the other side a new gate will finish it off as well. Ahh, then things will look complete. Next year there is room on the sides to place my hooks and hang some more flowers. They will even have a backdrop, just have to do some research on what will look the best.

I have some special stepping stones that will be laid from the front of this gate to the brick patio at the front of the house. I might have to find a few more in order to have the walk look just right.


Before I wax poetic about this my third harvest from the garden let me state something in my defense. It has been a very long time since I have been lucky enough to get a zucchini!! For some odd and unknown reason lately the fruit just seems to rot once the plant starts producing. I am hoping for a few more of these luscious things this summer. This one was sliced and added to a tinfoil packet along with carrots and onions. Cooked on the BBQ for a delicious side at supper tonight.

I started one of the Christmas gifts about a week and a half ago.

I started Kris's rug. I am hoping to finish this multicoloured ball of yarn and get a good start on the lighter colour this month. After all, along with all the other gifts that need to be made I could be strapped for time.

Tonight Saskatchewan is supposed to have what is known as a "Supermoon". I hope to get some pictures of it to share with all of you tomorrow.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment