Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Thrifty Tuesday

The day is almost over and most of my day has been spent gathering items that I can recycle, picking rhubarb from the garden, and using up items that need to be used from the freezer.

I picked about 4 pounds of rhubarb this morning and will be using it to make pies later this week as well as another cake. This time I plan on freezing a few of these to use later on this summer.

Every fall I make cabbage rolls and freeze them for use throughout the rest of the year. Today supper was the last of my frozen stash. A quick and easy meal and now I am ready to make more this coming August or September.

I knit all these sleeveless shells a few (well probably 8) years ago and due to the changes in this aging body they no longer fit like the used to. I decided that I will take them apart, wash and stretch the wool back out and use the yarn to knit other items throughout the winter. I should not need to buy any new yarn for awhile.

The thriftiest thing I did however was stay out of the stores. No shopping means no spending. No spending means money stays in the bank and my pocket. A win/win situation.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jackie!
    I love the idea of recycling the yarn from your sleeveless shells. I, too, have stayed out of the stores and it is a great way to support "spendless" days. I need a lot more of them in order to reach our goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea ... I'm sure you'll enjoy the new items just as much!

    ReplyDelete