Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Dark and Dreary

The last two days have been overcast, cold and windy. Yesterday actually felt colder than today and yet the temperature was higher, I think the howling wind had something to do with it.

My winter coat is out and being worn, but the cold is playing havoc with my back. I can only sit for a bit, stand for a bit and work for a bit which is causing me to fall behind in everything I planned to have done this week. I barely get the household tasks finished and doing my cross stitch for any length of time without stopping for a break is unheard of. I think it may take a bit longer than it should to complete.

I had a Parish Council meeting last night that I had to leave early because I was in so much pain. One would think someone would have called today to see how I was feeling.... Nope. More and more I am beginning to realize that the community I thought was present, really isn't. It seems that there are "favorites" and those of us who are on the outside looking in. I will get used to this eventually, but I am thinking that it is time to draw back from this smaller community and work in the larger community of my city.

I have a few tasks to complete and then I will draw back, bit by bit and enter a different phase of volunteering and giving back.

I did a bit of fabric shopping in my stash and found some fabric to make some new winter tops and either skirts or perhaps pants. I believe that will be one of my goals for next month. I really want to use up some of my stash before I buy more. I also have some new patterns I want to make up to fill in some areas of my fall/winter wardrobe that are lacking.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Jackie, ease up on yourself and your time schedules...give that back the rest it is needing...things WILL get done, so pamper yourself some.
    Our world is turning into a ME ME ME world and folks don't seem to be as concerned with others like it used to be. And, yes, someone should have taken time to see if they could bring you dinner or something nice.
    Rest and hope your ole back gets better soon...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with bj Jackie. Bad backs are nothing to sneeze about they hurt. Have you had snow yet, can't remember now? I had to turn the a/c on, on Tuesday as it was that hot and humid, mind you I was having an "off day" so that didn't help.

    Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete