Monday, October 17, 2016

Menu Monday

As the days grow shorter my need for heartier meals seems to increase. Not that I don't seem to always cook hearty meals, I just seem to think I need to cook more. Perhaps to help with the heating of the house, or just a winter nesting instinct coming to the fore.

Monday

Sausage casserole. This contains small pork sausages, potatoes, carrots, onions, usually peas (today I used a can of mushrooms) and a can of tomato soup mixed with a soup can of water and poured over top. It is now popped in the oven and smells heavenly.

Tuesday

Spaghetti and meat sauce, served with a salad or perhaps the last of the brussel sprouts roasted along with the last of the peppers, some onion, and a potato or two.

Wednesday

Leftover beef roast made into stroganoff and served on noodles. Salad on the side.

Thursday

Leftover spaghetti and meat sauce turned into Baked Spaghetti. I will use up the remaining salad.

Friday

Perogies, onions, sour cream.

Saturday

Clean out the fridge (I have a feeling it will be the remaining stroganoff, along with various other leftovers.

Sunday

Leftover baked spaghetti (bit of a change from my monthly menu plan, but the baked spaghetti will need to go). Served with either roasted veggies, or perhaps another salad.

I have made a few changes so far this month to the menu, but this has been to use up various items either in the fridge or in the fridge freezer. Trying to clear things out so I can actually see what is in there.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment