Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Thrifty Tuesday


It has been a thrifty day here on the old homestead.

I have spent most of the day busy planting and filling all my boxes and baskets. Slowly but surely making my way through what I have bought and all the plants I started inside. Saved a bit with starting many of my own plants. I just wish I had the room to start even more of them, but space is at a premium right now. I am hopeful of finishing up tomorrow morning before I head out and about with my visitor.

Many years ago I met this woman on the Frugal Living forum on About.com (it has closed now and we have moved to the forum on My Frugal Home). Kim is a teacher and after her retirement and the passing of her Dad, she bought a trailer and a truck and has been busy traveling thorough out the continental U.S (she only has three states to go through to complete the map). I had always said "If you are ever in Canada, and anywhere near Saskatchewan, my door is open." So this year she took me up on it.

I picked her up at the camp site and we spent 3 hours together. Harvey made supper (and even did the dishes). Tomorrow I plan on spending some time showing her the few sights we have around here. I hope she has a good time.

Pictures tomorrow or Thursday on how the planting is going.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment