Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Finally

After a week of rain and colder than normal temperatures, today was just beautiful.

I had a nice long walk this morning (and a couple of shorter ones as well) and then headed out to the garden.

While Harvey tilled the veggie garden and set up the deck furniture (he had to repaint a few items), I weeded the perennial bed and the hosta bed. Now, while all the weeds and the quack grass have not been totally eliminated I did make a very good start. One more good weeding this week should see everything looking just lovely.

I did notice that all my lilies are breaking through, and the delphinium are getting fairly large. I am so looking forward to a summer full of an abundance of colour!!! Summers are so short here we have to make the best of it while we can.

Tomorrow I will be setting out all my plant pots and giving them a good wash, and then on Thursday I hope to be out purchasing all my annual flowers. I think I am going with a completely different colour scheme this year (providing I can find what I want). Instead of red and white, I think I just may go with terra cotta, yellow, and orange. I will throw in some white for contrast. These colours should look really nice against the smoky blue grey of our siding.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so pleased you finally got into your garden. It's my happy place.

    ReplyDelete