Saturday, May 6, 2017

Saturday Roundup

 Nothing really big happened here over the past week, little things that perhaps over time will add up to big things.

This is one of my bad spending months. I seem to go a bit overboard when it comes to buying bedding plants. Even with starting some plants from seed, and growing others from cuttings my costs seem to sky rocket every year. This year I am going to try and cut back a bit on what I spend.

Today I went out and bought what I hope is enough plants for most of my boxes, baskets and planters.

I am also going in a direction that will see me planting more edibles than flowers. If those edibles give me some beautiful flowers that is a big plus.

I have a friend that I met online dropping in one day next week, so I am busy getting my house in order. I did a big tidy and declutter today and will continue with this tomorrow after doing a bit of planting once Harvey finds me some top soil.

I visited with family and did a bit of planning around the family reunion (Harv's family) and the portion that we are in charge of. Ideas were tossed around and a few decisions made.

Harvey got me a pedometer at the beginning of the week. While it does give me a good indication of approximately how many steps I take in a day, the darn thing sticks every so often so is not completely accurate. Every day except for today I have met the 10,000 step mark. I thought I would take it a bit easy today.

The cross stitch project is moving along, and so is my knitting. Now just to get into the sewing room and complete a few things. Hopefully later next week.

How has your week progressed?

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment