Wednesday, July 10, 2019

A Day of Visiting

This morning I managed to get most of my household tasks done early. I even managed to get to our library to return books and renew one I hadn't finished yet. Then I stopped in and started pricing out laptop computers. We have decided to move this desktop computer into the sewing/craft room and get a better laptop for the home office. This means I won't have to try and reinstall my Cricut on the new one, but will have to reinstall Facebook, Blogger, and the printer on the new one. Might just have to wait until the resident computer nerd comes home to get some of it completed. I plan on purchasing the one Kris said was probably the best due to the Intel processor, and number and type of USB ports. Since I work out my spend days to occur on one day a week, I will probably do the purchasing tomorrow or next Thursday.

All this, plus some cleaning was accomplished as quickly as possible because my sister sent me a text asking if I could come for a visit as my nephew would be leaving tomorrow for Regina before heading back home.

I haven't visited with Jared for two years, mainly because he lives and works in the Netherlands and does not get back very often. I spent way too long visiting and talking, learning about his newish job with the police, and how he is probably going to stay there for a great deal longer. He works for a company that contracts him out, before this job with the police, he worked for a large bank situated in Amsterdam (so is the police station he works with). Jared also does lots with computers so I picked his brain as well.

Since I was gone most of the day, the gardening took a back seat. Being retired means that there is always tomorrow.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment