Thursday, July 4, 2019

More Challenges




I have noticed more and more challenges here on blogland and while some of them catch my eye, others make me ponder how on earth I could fit them into my life.

The one that seems to be taking blogland by storm is the Plastics Challenge.

I quite agree with this one. If we want to save our oceans and waterways we need to be ever vigilant over our plastic use.

We have always recycled plastic containers, single use plastic bottles are taken to the recycling depot, the plastic grocery bags I get are reused for pet waste, plastic utensils have always been washed and reused until they are no longer able to be, plastic straws have been washed out and used numerous times much to the chagrin of our sons, and any plastic Tupperware or such is used until it is no longer suitable to store or heat anything up. This is something I more or less learned at my mother's knee.

That being said I am going to really try and use as little as possible of the one use plastics. When I do I am going to try and figure out a way to use them at least once more.

So while I probably will not be able to go totally plastic free, I am going to try my best to cut down on plastic usage.

Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't read about this when I started my plastics journey, so hope to keep it going for as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete