Saturday, February 3, 2024

Boring, Boring, Boring


 A rather boring day here on the old homestead. I did do the very few Saturday tasks to keep the house running at least close to smoothly. Other than that nothing much has been done.

I knit a few rows, talked to baby brother, and went for a walk. Just can't seem to work up the gumption to do much else. I could work in the sewing/craft room doing a bit of a tidy (well at least hang up all the jackets that have been thrown in there), or go through my drawers to see if there is anything else to donate. I just don't want to do anything.

I could also make sure that I have what I need for Harvey's special diet, but pretty sure I am good. I may have to pick up a few things closer to the time he needs to start. I do know the menu plan is set to follow the page we got from the doctor. Nope don't feel up to that either. Sigh.

I think it could be because of the overcast weather we are in right now. No sunshine, makes Jackie a very dull person to be around. Then to read the upcoming weather and see that once again the forecast is calling for up to 10 cm of snow on Wednesday is not conducive to me being able to get out and about. All I can say is thank heavens shopping was the beginning of this week. It is at times like this that I absolutely hate winter on the prairies. Either stay snowy or warm up, do not entice with lovely weather and then go back to the depths of winter. Not at all fair.

Sorry for being a grump. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


 

10 comments:

  1. More snow - oh no. That stinks. We finally got some sun today and it was wonderful! Hasn't happened much in the past month. Use the time to recharge and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I’ve felt like you during our rainy season. So far it rains and then the sun comes out for a day or two and then we’re back in it. Not too much longer but the sun is awfully nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boring to you but not to those of us who follow your blog, I am sure. More snow is a bit of a pain though. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all have days like that. I often can't summon up the energy to do much at all, especially in the winter. Hope there's not too much more snow coming for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't beat yourself up about it. Some days are just like that and those are the days to curl up on the couch, talk to family/friends on the phone, take a nap, or just veg to some mindless television program. I think the weather does play a part in how motivated we can feel.
    I like to think that this is going to feel like a short winter, we should be into spring by mid-April. Not far off at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all have those days, no need to apologize. You are too efficient, all small tasks have been taken care of!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we all have those days, tomorrow will be a better day. At least we are in February, not the beginning of January....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do something for yourself, listen to music, phone a friend, read a book. No need to be productive all the time. Hope you are feeling brighter now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always get in a funk when the weather isn't good. I find that getting an endorphin high through some sort of workout helps. Or, reading a good book, dancing to music, doing a video call with a friend...or, a nice glass of wine on the sofa all help.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a grump too when it comes to the weather these days. We have had precious little sun since November (evidently breaking the records for that sort of thing). I'm glad I have my 'happy light' or I know I would be really feeling it.

    ReplyDelete