Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Tuesday Tidbits

 


Since it is another dreary day here in the southeastern corner of the province, and I didn't really feel like working on any projects (yet again), I decided to get some extra cleaning completed, use up that gift card I won, and tidy in the sewing/craft room. 

It is harder than one thinks to spend $500 on oneself. I have managed to get it down to just under $50.00, but that took 4 shopping trips. I will need to make one more to get the total down even lower before next month. Hmmm, wonder if Mark's will have more mark downs by the end of the month.

I washed down the inside and outside of the dishwasher, gave the microwave a good scrub, and then started the tidy. Now the tidy lasted all of 15 minutes before I decided I needed a rest, and since then I have been going in and doing bits when I feel like it. Lots still to do. I just don't want to move things from one area to another. I actually want to store things neatly and have everything organized as well. Little bites of what has become a giant elephant over the years. I think one more trip in and a 10 minute tidy will be all I can handle for today. There is always tomorrow.... Right????

No snow or real rain as of yet, but it sure feels like something is on the way. Hopefully whatever hits (rain or snow or blizzard conditions) it does not last long or be too bad.

Off to attack the sewing/craft room once again. Hey at least I removed all that shouldn't be in there.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

9 comments:

  1. I think that Mark's is having another mark down. Those 10 minute quick cleans do work I find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I can imagine it is actually quite hard to spend that amount on oneself Jackie - especially when we are not used to doing it. I have been cleaning & tidying here too ... it feels endless at times. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes clearing a space of the stuff that shouldn't be in there makes it easier to decide where the stuff that does easier. And tomorrow is another day!
    Good luck with your shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Marks markdowns!!
    In our Suite, 10 minutes of cleaning does a lot!!1☺️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck tackling the sewing room. Mine needs a good declutter and re-organisation too. I'm still trying to find suitable storage though. How wonderful to win a $500 gift card. Enjoy spending the last of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. IF you saw my sewing room right now.... Ugh it need a tidy or a bomb not sure which!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like you are still feeling a bit under the weather. Dont do too much at a time, your body is telling you. There is nothing wrong with taking a break when you need it. Do take care, and have fun imagining what to buy with the final dollars of your gift card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think doing anything in 15 minute 'bites' of time is a great way to make headway so you're on the right track. My sewing room doesn't look too bad at the moment but that's only because our son was here on the weekend and needed somewhere to sleep.

    ReplyDelete