Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Tuesday Tidbits

 

The day started off cloudy, windy and a bit of snow was still falling. During that darker time I managed to get the household tasks completed, my mending done, a bit more work in the sewing/craft room, and some sewing done on the baby quilt.

As I was sewing, I noticed the room getting brighter and brighter. A glowing orb had appeared in the sky. The sewing was quickly finished and I gathered my embroidery threads and started on the block. I worked for about 2 hours and have once again developed a bit of a headache. So embroidery has been set aside for another day. Working on three projects at one time is going to take a bit of juggling, that's for sure. 

I even managed to get the fronts of the kitchen cupboards washed down before the sun came out. One of my larger extra cleaning tasks this month. 

So this day has been much the same as most days around the old homestead. Household tasks, projects and coffee right now. Makes a day pretty darn perfect. 


Everybody have a wonderful afternoon.

God bless.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good productive day for you. I've had a good day too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope the snow stays away and we see the sun for the next several days.
    Enjoy your projects but don't work too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow isn't nice but it is February. A snowy day is always nicer with sunshine too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. The best days are the simplest with all those small pleasures lining up to make things happy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does sound like a good and productive day. I love days like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woke up to the sun shining this morning - a precious commodity this winter. -7C and about 5" of snow yesterday to deal with. Funny how we feel like doing more when the sun gives us a boost.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a perfect combination for a happy life.

    ReplyDelete