Monday, February 5, 2024

Menu Monday

 


I almost thought we were going to get some sun today. Nope after about 30 minutes this morning, the clouds reappeared, and another dark and dreary day here at the old Phillips homestead.

Monday

Hotdogs, baked beans and raw veggies and dip.


Tuesday

A package of frozen roast chicken from Sunday made into a casserole. Trying a new recipe and hopefully using some bits and bobs from the fridge. I will make a salad to go along with the casserole.


Wednesday

Potato soup and some kind of sandwich.... Any suggestions???


Thursday

Leftovers from the Tuesday meal.


Friday

Salmon Patties, rice, and probably peas.


Saturday

Pork cutlets, gravy, and mashed potatoes. I think this could be the last day Harvey gets to eat decently so corn will be the veggie.


Sunday

Scrambled eggs on toast. The start of Harv's diet before his procedure on Thursday. 

So there it is. I am really going to try and eat what Harvey does, however on the clear fluid day, not sure if I will be able to do it, but I do not want to eat solid food in front of him for sure. Don't think that would be fair really.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. It all sounds delicious, Jackie. Maybe grilled cheese with the potato soup? I love a good grilled cheese sandwich. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is your recipe for salmon patties? My mom used to make them all the time. I’m not a fish lover but I always enjoyed my mom’s salmon patties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grilled Cheese for the win! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is his procedure? Did I miss that? Hope it all turns out well. Your meals all sound good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of us have had this procedure with diet then clear fluid. Dont forget you need to eat too when he can't, perhaps something lighter like an omelet so you are not preparing a big meal, or soup?

    ReplyDelete