Sunday, February 11, 2024

Sunday Ramblings


The sun is out, the sun is out. So instead of doing any sewing today (was going to start working on the quilt flimsy), I pulled out my embroidery and worked on that for a couple of hours. I managed a bit of headway on that project, not as much as I would have liked, but enough to feel pretty good. It is supposed to be sunny for a couple of days, and with any luck at all, and some diligent stitching, I should be able to finish this block. 

Switched some menus around for Hubby's diet this week. The same things will be made, only in a different order to take advantage of what things he can eat right now and what I would like him to eat closer to the time he needs to change to the full fluid diet. 

Harvey went out for a bit and chopped some ice away from the house and the front steps. However, it is melting and more water is piling on the steps, which of course means more ice will form overnight. 

I really am leaning towards buying a heddle loom, I just need to make room somehow in the sewing/craft room for something that large. No organizing or decluttering took place in there today, but Tuesday is supposed to be a bit snowy, so you can all guess what I will be doing on that day. Once fully organized I will be making more labels. I don't want to purchase more clear storage containers so my white boxes need to let me know what is in them, so as to find what I need easily. There will still be more than I can use in a number of years, but at least everything will be tidy, and easily found.

Off to perhaps at least get some of the sashing pinned to the baby quilt blocks. That way if the sun disappears for a few days once again, I can get those sewn up.


Everyone have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



Edited to add

I was asked if I ever model my clothing makes. The answer is no, as I really do not like my picture being taken. I see a camera at family get togethers and I walk in the other direction. Most family functions do not get a picture of me unless I am forced to take part. Getting wedding pictures done was absolute torture for me. 



4 comments:

  1. I am like you not a fan of having my photo taken, other than with the grands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the photo front...though every so often I'll take a selfish...just the face!
    I do hope the sunshine lasts for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the sun! It's a rare commodity this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck making space in your sewing room for the loom. What will you be making on it?

    ReplyDelete