Sunday, September 1, 2024

Sunday Ramblings

 


Woke up to a lovely cool morning. Now not so cool, in fact it got really warm, with even more heat to arrive over the next couple of days. Hard to believe that it is September and winter is just around the corner. 

There was hardly anyone at Mass today, but I suppose that it being the last nice long weekend people went camping or to visit relatives. Both Harvey and I said that it is getting more difficult to understand the sermon given by the priest. It isn't that we don't listen or sit in a place we can't hear.... Still this is something we really need to work on as I am very sure that the little I do understand tells me those sermons are excellent and well thought out. 

After Mass we decided to go out for brunch. Now supper will be very light. No pork casserole here, just pork warmed up, and sliced fresh veggies with either salt and pepper or perhaps some dressing. 

Slowly but surely working on the rug. I am getting very close to being finished the weaving part, but I want to use my serger to serge the ends and do some hemming around the whole thing. That will need to be done before washing and blocking. Hope to have it done before we leave on our get away. 

We will be stopping at Kris's place on the way back for a couple of days. There are a few things I want to pick up at Fabricland, and Michael's before winter hits. I am hoping to find some linen yarn to weave some dish towels with in the new year. If not I may just make some placemats and some fabric to make myself another wrap. After that I might just make another rug as a gift for a friend.

Off to cut up (slice) some tomatoes to go along with the pork and sliced cukes and green peppers. Then a visit with all of you, or perhaps a visit first and meal prep after.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


8 comments:

  1. Your dinner sounds good, Jackie. We got some much needed rain this evening and I'm thrilled. It was so dusty before the rain came.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cooler overnight temps sure help the house cool down. Our a/c didn't kick in until around 5 p.m. We don't have a lot of shade from the west.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the sermons are well thought out but if they go above the heads of some of the the congregation, maybe they are missing the mark, do you think?
    Have a lovely day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My late grandmother had a lot of hearing issues, and she had the pastor's sermon delivered on cassette tape every week (long time ago... she passed away in 2000).

    Enjoy the nice weather! 🌞 Around these parts, we finally have more bearable weather- it's even a bit autumn-ish and we had rain a few times this week, I can't even remember when we had rain the last time so that's definitely nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the rug! I hope you can find some linen, I love my linen cloths, napkins and clothes. Yes the wrinkle but the comfort when wearing them is well worth it. You do good work!
    JC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our evenings are getting cooler, and I absolutely love it. Fall is my favorite - still sunny, but so much cooler & you can be outside & enjoy the sun without getting overly heated. (Hawaii Planner)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Sunday brunch must have been an enjoyable outing, always nice to have a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was cooler here today and a good day for making zucchini relish and plum jam.

    ReplyDelete