Saturday, August 31, 2024

Saturday Roundup

 


How in the heck did this month go by so quickly. 

I will share a few pictures with you of what I have been doing. There is lots more being accomplished, but I won't bore you with what has been happening.


More stripes done on the rug. Getting very close to being ready to wash, block and sew some hems on.


Calendula salve made. Mint infused oil started.


Five eggplant parma made. We had one for supper last night and the rest are in the freezer. 

I ordered and got an attachment for my vacuum sealer and now I can do jars. I have done a couple and am totally amazed at how well it works. I will be doing lots more of my dry storage this way, especially my herbs. 

I have frozen beans, and carrots today. Worked on getting the budget up to date (under on almost every line, except for groceries). Made saskatoon pie filling, made blueberry pie filling, used up some leftovers in the fridge for our lunches and of course knit another few pairs of mitts. 


The Weather Network posted something about the Old Farmer's Almanac saying this area is going to have a very wet winter. Not snowy, but wet. To me this means lots of icy roads. Do I like icy roads? Not in the least, so I will be doing some more stocking up on dry goods and such. This does cause me to be a bit over budget on my grocery line, but I have a feeling that it is better to be stocked and off the roads. 


Off to get supper finished (things are just starting to cook) and visit you all between checking on things. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

8 comments:

  1. I’m with you on getting extra groceries in order to stay off icy roads this winter. That is good planning on your part. One of our neighbors is giving away free eggplants this week. I should go by there and get some. The rug is beautiful and coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rug is going to be brilliant, the meals look fab and I am sure the vacuum sealer thingy will be so useful. And now it is September. How??? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very satisfying when you have little collections of dishes to freeze, isnt it. Your eggplant (aubergine?) looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been a very busy bee. Good to make use of all you grow though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's always wise to stock up as much as you can prior to the dreaded winter. I know Resident Chef will be starting to make soups soon and getting the freezer stocked up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being stocked up on dry goods, and stocking your freezer should be helpful in keeping you off the roads and with your budget. My grocery costs this month were ridiculous, though we did do a major shop at Costco that pushed it well past the limit. I'm to do better here in the city, with prices lower than in town.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Busy gal. Love the weaving, that is going to be so pretty.
    I think our area is supposed to be cold and dry - I can do that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will have to share with me what Saskatoon pie filling is, sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete