Thursday, August 1, 2024

Thrifty and Frugal Thursdays

Thrifty and Frugal


It has been a very hot week once again and of course this means staying inside for most of the day. Actually that can be considered a plus as I am not tempted to go out and do any shopping until next week, even though this is the upcoming August long weekend and company will be coming.

All clothing was hung on the lines outside to dry this week once again. Love the smell of line dried clothing.

Meals have been made with what is on hand, using some items from the garden as well (not that there is much considering the time of year).

Working on using up the leftover bits of yarn still knitting mittens.

Using up other yarn leftovers on the weaving project as well.

Lights off in rooms not in use.

Dehydrating herbs for winter use.

If something is not dirty it is worn again.

Working on a plan on where to place the stand and loom once the stand arrives. 

Doing more extra cleaning since I am inside anyway.

Hemmed a dress that was too long.


I think that is about all that has been thrifty and frugal here on the old homestead.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

11 comments:

  1. I only get outside in the mornings! After noon, I’m inside! My cat has been getting me up around 5:45am. She stares at me until I open my eyes then she meows at me. I’m awake now, might as well get up! Sometimes she licks my nose! Silly cat!
    I’m so excited for the Fall I can hardly stand it. And it’s only August!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do so good being thrifty. A good inspiration to others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like we'll have a bit of reprieve from the heat this upcoming week. I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have such great, productive weeks! I miss line drying. I don't understand why Americans don't hang their laundry outside during summer. Wishing you & Harvey a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've been indoors a lot these last few days too. We'll get a break in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've mostly stayed home and out of the heat this summer. No other place I'd rather be anyways. Being at home and getting things done here is very satisfying. Sounds like a good week for you, Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would love to see some of your yarn projects. Perhaps you can take some pictures of the projects you're working on. I'm making headway with my using up and donating my yarn stash....not done by any means, but making progress. Baby steps, right! Doing well with eating what we have, altering meals a bit to use things up. It feels sorta creative. Ordering groceries on line has helped me be less wasteful because it forces me to think more about what I'm purchasing and how it will be used....vs my old way of shopping was to go up and down each isle in the store and throw stuff into the cart. I'm out walking most days, but that's about it for being outside due to the heat. Sounds like you had a good and productive week. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's an impressive list. You're an inspiration for me (and I'm sure for others too) with your thriftiness!
    We stay mostly inside too, all summer it's just so hot here (40° c and up), errands are being done in the early morning. We're looking forward to September when the weather here will be a bit more bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like when I can make a simple meal of what is available, often these are the some of the best ones in more then one way. The heat has been relentless, we finally received rain thank the Lord, it does a garden good doesn't it.? My favorite season is right around the corner :) Faith

    ReplyDelete
  10. Staying home and focusing on what you already have can be very useful when you're trying not to spend money. You are very disciplined with regard to your frugal habits, I admire you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I, too, love the smell of line-dried laundry and I must admit I really miss having an outside line. Instead I have to make do with a rod centered over the bathtub which doesn't give that wonderful smell.

    ReplyDelete