Friday, August 16, 2024

More Frugal Tips


 

I have been spending my days working in the garden, cleaning house, and of course finishing one mitten size and starting the next. 


Just thought I would share a few more ways that you can beat those rising costs. 


1.  Wash clothing in cold water. If that is not feasible always rinse in cold water.

2.  Always make sure your dishwasher is full.

3.  Use draft dodgers to keep your house warm in the winter..

4.  Have a no spend month, or a week every so often. I try for no spend days as I always consider bill paying, prescription costs, and grocery/fuel costs as spending. 

5.  Don't eat out as often, but if you do try breakfasts. That is probably the least expensive meal of the day.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. I prefer breakfast out! Love a good breakfast meal I don’t have to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, paying bills, groceries and the like are definitely spending. It's impossible to avoid those payments.
    We've been washing in cold water for years. I certainly have never noticed a difference. I also use less detergent than the manufacturers recommend - a repairman told me once that that a couple of tablespoons was plenty, more than that will often remain in the dispenser and gunk up the works.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to wash my clothes in warm water, but recently switched over to cold water to save money too. These are really good tips and I agree with you on the no spend days. They can really help with your budget.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Costs are rising at an incredible rate at the moment, especially some foods. I hardly ever buy meat anymore unless I manage to get it yellow stickered, as it seems very expensive these days. Every week I shop, there is something that has gone up since I last time bought it. Your tips are very useful to try to make savings in other areas.

    ReplyDelete