Friday, October 11, 2013

Rain, Rain, Go Away!!!

Ever since I got up this morning the rain has been coming down. Right now it seems to have let up a little bit, but our rain gauge says we have had 25 mm since it started.
At one point we once again had a river flowing down our driveway. 

The boys are coming home for Thanksgiving and so I am hoping that the temperature does not drop enough to cause freezing!!! They don't need to be driving on skating rinks getting home. There are too many accidents on Canadian highways as it is under good conditions.

This month I am trying to keep spending at a minimum and that is kind of/sort of working. I did come in under budget by a few dollars for Kurt and Kris's birthday gifts. A good start to saving this month. However I have a bad feeling about grocery and household shopping. Everything seems to have gone up by leaps and bounds while we were gone. Of course we used up much of our stash before we left so now I am trying to build groceries up once again. I am hoping for some sales and some nice weather so we can get those carrots in and into the freezer.

We had a heavy frost one night while we were on holidays and came home to dead flowers, tomatoes and cucumbers. I decided a few days ago to see what I could scrounge from the plants. Amazingly I found tomatoes that had been protected from the frost and many cucumbers as well. I feel better now knowing that not all of them have gone to waste.

Supper tonight is going to be soup and sandwiches, it just feels like that kind of night. Should be enough left for our sons to have a bowlful whenever they arrive. Nicely warming them up, I hope.

My pies are made, and the turkey will be taken out of the freezer tomorrow in preparation for our meal. Now if I could just get rid of the sore throat and cough, plus get rid of the fibro pain all would be perfect..... Oh yeah, I have yet to title all the pictures we took on holiday and Kurt wants to take those with him. Guess what my job will be tomorrow and perhaps on Sunday as well????

Everyone have a wonderful day.

God bless.



1 comment:

  1. Jackie, wishing you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete