Saturday, October 19, 2013

Tried Something New ..... Learned Something New

It has been a day of putzing around the old homestead. I had a few carrots left and so decided to try dehydrating them.


So out of the 8 carrots I had left, I washed, peeled and thinly sliced 4 of them. Putting the slices on the racks seemed to take the longest.

I dried them for about 7 hours and they became slightly crisp. This is what I have after drying them.


They turned out so well that I am thinking of doing the last 4 in the same manner. A bit of a job for tomorrow!!! My carrots will be done and the garden put to sleep for another year. I think I may do a bit more dehydrating next year when it comes time to put up the harvest.

I promised you all some more pictures from our trip. Here are some views of the scenery in the Highlands.



The view from our hotel window in the Highlands.


Looking at the Nevis chain of mountains.


One of the many streams gushing out of the hillsides in the Highlands.

Everyone have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed your pictures so much, Jackie. I keep returning to look at some of them again and again. Oh, I do hope we get to make the trip across the pond ourselves!

    ReplyDelete