Friday, October 25, 2013

Starting Christmas Gifts

This past week I have been busy figuring out what I am going to make for my Christmas gifts this year.

There is one which I am making for Kurt to give to a friend of his. He picked out the colours and the yarn for an afghan. Hmmm, tweedy green and a deep red. Christmas colours that do not go together very well (at least these shades). So I picked some brown and gold tweed to use between the main colours.

So far it seems to be working quite well. Big blocks of the main colour, separated by smaller bands of the brown/gold tweed.

Here is how far I have gotten.

I am hoping to be finished this one by the end of the month and then I can move on to the next one. I have two more to make after this so I will be busy.

I am going to share a picture of Hadrian's Wall with you all. Once again something made so long ago and yet part of it is still standing.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment