Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sunday Ramblings

Today has been one full of thought and periods of silence for me. Our priest showed a DVD of our Archbishop speaking on .....
evangelization. It made me stop and rethink my attitude. It is true that we are the only body, hands and mouth that Christ has here on earth today. How we react to a subject should reflect how Christ would react to that same subject.

One thing I have noticed on many blogs lately is an over abundance of foul language. Whether this is intended to make us angry about a subject, or to draw in readership it may in fact have an opposite effect.



For years I was taught that when a person has a good command of the English language there is no need to revert to foul language or name calling. Good discussion comes from a usage of language that precludes such things. Does anything ever get solved by such drivel??

I doubt very much that Christ would use foul language, he would more than likely tell a parable to get his and the Father's thought on the subject across. Not that He would not lose his temper as there are many such stories of this happening in the Bible, but never once did he revert to using language that was in any way shape or form foul.

We are His hands, His eyes, His mouth and His body. In fact we are the only living being that can act in a Christ like manner. Perhaps the wrongs in this world need to be acted upon by the use of our hands and heart rather than our mouths. I plan on trying to show a more Christ like manner in all that I do. After all faith should shape all areas of our lives.



Our Food Bank here in the city is asking for donations. Our church is having a food drive next weekend and I plan on giving what I can. After all being frugal does not mean being parsimonious, it means using what we are given wisely. Wisely at this point in our economic struggles is giving to others who need the help. It just makes sense. There but for the Grace of God go I.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


1 comment:

  1. I really like what you say here, Jackie. Couldn't agree more.

    Rinty

    ReplyDelete