Friday, August 7, 2015

Frugal Fridays

This has been a very quiet day. Other than going shopping and over to a friends for coffee nothing much has been happening.

We downloaded our reserved copies of Windows 10 onto our desktop (my computer) and Harvey's laptop. It is going to take a bit of getting used to on my part, all these apps are driving me nuts, and trying to find the computer to download pictures without having to download an entire card will take some getting used to. I am sure I will be able to figure things out shortly.

I stuck to my grocery/household items list except for one thing. I bought a book. Not just any book, but one that was 40% off, and one that I really want to read. I am now the proud owner of "Go Set A Watchman" by Harper Lee and can hardly wait to start it.

I have spent the week harvesting the garden and using things up where I can.

I spent sometime drying oregano and thyme today. The house smells lovely.

Picked free crab apples at the neighbours to make crab apple jelly tomorrow.

Picked up these plums that had blown to the ground as well.

One must love free food of any kind.

I also downloaded 9 free books onto my ereader.

All in all a very frugal week.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.




2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jackie...O, when I bought my new lap top last year, I kept Win. 7 as Windows 8 was supposed to be horrible. I won't go to 10 for a long time...not until I know how it works. I'm sure you will be able to figure it all out soon.
    Hope you enjoy your new book.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very frugal week, well done. Keep up the good work. Your pantry sounds like it's going to be full of some lovely things this winter.

    ReplyDelete