Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Tuesday Happenings

I know I usually call this post Thrifty Tuesday, but really I have been practicing my usual thrifty habits and have nothing new to report in this area.

More garden produce was brought into the house today.

A small harvest to be sure, but enough peppers to make a couple of jars of pickled peppers, some cherry tomatoes to add to salads or eat out of hand, and some more tomatoes. I should be able to freeze another few bags of these tomorrow as well.

I dried parsley and rosemary today and tomorrow I hope to dry basil and oregano. Slowly but surely getting my herbs ready for the winter months.

I sat on the deck and watched a lovely dark cloud move into our area.

We watched this lovely cloud creep ever closer and then all of a sudden..... Poof it was gone!!! We desperately need rain. Things are just getting so brown and dried out. The sky is getting cloudy again so I am keeping my fingers crossed that this time we get something. Rain, not hail.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


3 comments:

  1. Have you ever made pepper sauce? That's what it has always been called here. Just put your pierced hot pepper pods and some small bits of tomato in a jar or bottle, heat vinegar and pour over it, cover with lid and wait. The vinegar will get a little hot from the pepper. It is good sprinkled on anything you like hot sauce on.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thunder, lightening and rain woke me up this morning at 5....so good to get rain but not nearly enuf.
    Your veggies look so good. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never made pepper sauce, but it sounds so very interesting Mama Bear. Just may have to give it a try.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete