Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sunday Ramblings

A busy Saturday and Sunday on the old homestead.

I have been busy getting the harvest in and going to yard sales (especially those garage sales put on by friends).

I managed to find something that I have wanted for a very long time. I always hesitated about buying one because of the cost. However when I found this item for about 1/6 the of the cost I just had to buy it, and since it had been owned by a friend I knew it would be in great working shape.

I am now the proud owner of a Bond Knitting Machine. I have spent quite a bit of time on line looking at YouTube videos of how to set it up. I also got a box of patterns and extensions to the basic machine. Once I find a small table I will set it up and start to learn how to use it. First off will be basic knitting, then patterns, then garments. I am really looking forward to this new experience.

The rest of my days have been spent getting the garden in.

I have dried sage, rosemary, and thyme. Gotten them into bags ready for winter. I am hoping to get more dried as I continue to follow the hunter/gatherer tradition.

I made some Mint Jelly.

Four lovely jars, which will taste wonderfully on our ham this coming winter. I am hoping to make another batch very soon.

I spent some time turning those crab apples into something wonderful to use on toast and perhaps pork.

I got 10 jars of crab apple jelly out of that pail of crab apples I picked.

Just another day of getting ready for the winter that is coming, and trying my hardest to keep our grocery bill down much like everyone else.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.






1 comment:

  1. Jackie -
    I have always wanted one of those since I STILL cannot teach myself to knit! Some day maybe I will have the room for one. Right now, I would have to put it on my front porch, LOL.

    ReplyDelete