Monday, February 29, 2016

Menu Monday

As I had a few unexpected, but lovely changes in meals last week (in that I did not have to cook them) a few meals are carried over into this week.

Monday

Cabbage bread, with some rhubarb loaf for dessert.

Tuesday

Sausage, pasta, mixed veggies. Probably more of the rhubarb loaf for dessert.

Wednesday

Soup and sandwiches. I will probably pull the last container of pea soup from the freezer and serve it with some egg salad sandwiches. Harvey loves egg salad  and I have some eggs that need using.

Thursday

The leftover roast beef will be made into a casserole. Out come the recipe books once again as well as a search on line. Then again I could make beef pot pies using the pie maker, I could use up my one lone potato at that time.....

Friday

Salmon fillets in a maple syrup glaze. Serving this with rice and green beans.

Saturday

We are planning on our stock up shop in the big city. Picking up Kris, shopping and having dinner out. Guess one could call it a way of catching up on what has been happening in our son's life (he can't seem to use a phone to call and the oldest is getting just as bad).

Sunday

Roast chicken, mashed potatoes, carrots, and a salad (should have salad greens by this time).

There you have it dinner menus for a week. I must say I am so looking forward to not cooking for a couple of weeks. Perhaps it will rejuvenate me and my menus will be inspired for the spring and summer.

Tomorrow I will update everyone on my goals and the decluttering. I have some very good things to report and some very disappointed things as well.

Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.


1 comment: