Tuesday, March 1, 2016

An Update and New Goals

First, I would like to say that I am not too happy with my goal accomplishments last month.

1.   Finish the red coat.  Done

2.   Finish the embroidered quilt up to the name (since I don't know who will be gifted this).  Still working on this.

3.   18 No Spend days.   Done, in fact I managed to exceed my goal by 3 days.

4.   Work on more quilt squares.  Not even looked at.

5.   Work on rug. (Just a few more rounds should see it done.)   Same as number 4.

Things just did not go my way this month. I ran out of one shade of yellow for the quilt and had to search numerous stores to find it. The embroidery is taking much longer than I thought it would. I also had to stop for a couple of days in order to get the birthday gift done for Harvey's sister.

Project declutter continued in February (had to edit as for some unknown reason I typed January). I did manage to remove another 115 items from my home. Things are being pared down nicely. I will continue with this project monthly. Who knows what my home will look like by the end of this year.

Now on to the goals for this month.


1.  Finish the quilt even if it bores me to no end.

2.  Make the quilt blocks necessary to start my bed quilt.

3.  Make a packing list for our trip.

4.  Have 14 no spend days before we leave on our trip.

There you have it a very pared down goals list. Sure hope I can manage to finish it in 24 days.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

 

4 comments:

  1. Well done on your decluttering Jackie. You did so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are doing a great job on goals. Just to HAVE goals is an accomplishment, I believe. Think I'll set some goals for myself...you are always so inspiring.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with your list. I've only got 3 things on my March list and have only tackled one of them.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for making inroads on the lust. I know just what you mean about gritting your teeth and getting a project finished, even though it's as boring as you like.

    ReplyDelete