Sunday, March 13, 2016

Sunday Ramblings

Christ said "Let anyone among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone." Not one of us has not behaved badly at one time or another if we are honest with our selves. Yet we compare ourselves to others and this leads to harsh judgement of others or perhaps self loathing.

We need to become more compassionate and forgiving. We should be less concerned about fairness and more concerned with forgiveness and the joy of simply being.

We need to become a community rather than judges of each others behavior. More encompassing rather than excluding. More loving rather than disliking, and most of all accepting of the differences that make life worth living.

I promised some pictures of the finished blocks for my butterfly quilt. I am using a series of 4 different blocks and will need 9 of each. I just hope I have enough of the strips I am using to get all of them done. While I have more of the cream that I can cut into the 2" strips, I do not have any more of the toile (probably spelled that incorrectly) fabric.



My corners are a bit out in some cases, but I think my template cutting the squares might have slipped once in awhile. It is not too noticeable unless a person looks closely, so I can live with it. I need 9 of each block and this will take awhile. Especially when I say I will sub for a day or the portion of a day. I only like to sew when it is light outside as my sewing/craft room lighting leaves a great deal to be desired.

I also finished my cowl.





Basic black, with some sparkle. I have enough yarn to knit another one for my BFF and will give it to her as a gift for looking after our cat while we are gone.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.





2 comments:

  1. The toile fabric is beautiful. The quilt looks like it will be lovely. I like your cowl too. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very pretty quilt squares. I love the toile and also the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete