Tuesday, March 15, 2016
I had an old burgundy coloured sheet and cut that into two inch strips and will use that to finish off those blocks. After all there is burgundy in the blocks and in the butterflies (my curtains are also a burgundy colour. Saved money on fabric and recycled something into something new and usable. I just have to figure out where to place them in the quilt top.
I figure if I continue to make 5 blocks a day I should be finished by the weekend. Perhaps I can even get the blocks arranged and sewn. One less thing to do when we get back and another unfinished project almost completed.
I am also using up some of the yarn from my cowl by making another one. This one will be a gift for a friend next Christmas. Puts me ahead of the game.
Another friend (blogging and Facebook) had a picture of a cross stitched sampler she made her son. Kurt would love it as it has his favorite Lovecraft character on it. Margie was nice enough to send me a copy of the pattern, so guess what Kurt will be getting for Christmas...... Thank you so much again Margie.
We have some blow up neck pillows and bags to put them in for our plane trip. Well, it is a struggle to get those silly pillows back into those itty, bitty bags so I found some fabric in my stash and will be making some larger bags to hold them. As they will be draw string I also found some cord to use. The tiny bags will be used for something else. Perhaps some jewelry bags to put in my luggage.
Nothing is going to go to waste around here for the next little while. I am going to use up everything that I possibly can. Now just to find some recipes that call for chili sauce.....
Everybody have a wonderful evening.