Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Sharing A Recipe

A little bit ago (think about the end of last week) I decided it was time to use some of those dried cherries I had in the pantry.

At first I thought I might make a cherry loaf or two, then I came across a recipe for Oatmeal Raisin cookies. My brainstorm was to sub the dried cherries for the raisins.

These are wonderful, moist and chewy. The tartness of the cherries is just perfect with the sweetness of the cookie.

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup softened butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
3 cups oatmeal
1 cup flour
1 cup dried cherries (or raisins, chocolate chips or chopped nuts)

Heat oven to 375 F. In a large bowl, beat all ingredients except oats, flour and cherries with electric mixer on medium speed, or with a spoon, until well blended. Stir in oats, flour and cherries.

On ungreased baking sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2" apart.

Bake 9-11 minutes or until light brown. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on racks completely.

I hope you enjoy them as much as we are.

Everybody have a wonderful evening,

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment