Thursday, March 10, 2016

Thursday Tid Bits

It was a beautiful day here on the prairies of Saskatchewan. The sun was shining, almost all the snow has disappeared (except where the sun is unable to reach) and the mud is drying up. I managed to get two lovely walks in today. One slightly shorter than the other but I still managed two.

I finished the embroidery project last night.

I only have the empty box left and that will have to wait until I know who I am giving it to. Then the babies name and birthday will be embroidered, the blocks cut, slashing added, sandwiching and quilting done as well. Whew am I glad to finally be finished as much as I possibly could.

Today I pulled out all the materials necessary to work on the quilt blocks for our bed. We really need a nice quilt as the denim one I have on there now does not really suit at all (it is warm though). I got the bobbins wound, and the machine threaded. Tomorrow after I finish cleaning the church (a group of us ladies will be doing it as well as some grade 8 students) I am going to start working on blocks once again. Sure hope I manage to get all the blocks done in a couple of weeks.

I have also started a knitting project to keep my hands busy during the evenings. I am hoping to get a lacy cowl made before we leave on our trip. I figure it is an easy way to add some dress up factor to what I plan on bringing with me.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. Your embroidery is lovely!!!

    I can't wait to see photos of your bed quilt! Is that the butterfly quilt? I remember the photos I saw being beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is the butterfly quilt.... Now you know how far behind in getting projects finished I really am. I think this has been a couple of years in the making. I get side tracked way to easily.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful embroidery, such cute motifs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your embroidery...I used to do cross stitch but haven't in years..
    I am just about ready to start my simple patch quilt for my daughter in law..her birthday is in August and I am hoping to get it finished way before then. I don't have enuf talent to make a beautiful quilt, so I choose cute fabrics...she loves fun things, like I do, and she will like this one, I think.....

    ReplyDelete